Ministry to People with Disabilities--Through the Ministry to People with Disabilities, a local church should give special attention to members and others with disabilities. It should develop programs for witnessing to people who have disabilities; make recommendations to the church board regarding possible actions which could make the church facilities more accessible for people with disabilities; assist the church in transportation solutions for people with disabilities; and advise departmental and church leadership regarding possible involvement of members who have disabilities.
The coordinator of Ministry of People with Disabilities serves as a liaison with organizations providing services for people with disabilities such as Christian Record Services and promotes Christian Record Services programs in the local church. (Church Manual)
The following materials are available by contacting the Office of Human Relations directly:
- Handbook for Disabilities Ministries *
- Guidelines for Disabilities Ministries Programs
- A Guide to Conducting A Disabilities Awareness Sabbath
- Videos that promote disabilities awareness.
* A handbook has been produced and can be obtained by contacting ADVENTSOURCE or by calling 1 800 328-0525.
Additional links on this topic: